Manchester United are one of the most famous and most successful football clubs in the world. Instead of wasting your money at the weekend on booze or a cheeky take-away, why not put that towards buying some shares in this great club.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to do just that!
United are one of the most commercially successful clubs in world football. Thanks to success on the pitch and a progressive marketing team alongside, the Red Devils have one of the highest turnovers in the world. But of course, financial prosperity in football only comes with success on the pitch.
Though Manchester United aren’t currently challenging at the top of club football, it is only a matter of time before they return. The lure of the club and the millions at hand to entice players and staff to the club will serve them well in their return to the top.
United shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange and they can be purchased online within minutes.
Once you have opened a share dealing account with Hargreaves Lansdown you can buy shares in Manchester United with ease. You just need to follow the simple instructions below. And don’t forget, you can of course cash in and sell up at any time when the markets are open!
Remember, these are not novelty shares, you are buying real shares in a real football club! You can now tell your mates that you’re a Manchester United shareholder! Congratulations!
NOTE: United shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange which is open Monday to Friday between the UK hours of 1430 – 2100. You can trade outside those hours but it is advisable to do business during the 1430 – 2100 UK window. Deals are also made in U.S Dollars. Click here for the current exchange rate.
STEP-BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Download the free guide to investing information (not necessary but it’s currently available for free!)
- Open a free share dealing account (this takes 5 minutes, you must be a UK resident and over 18)
- Having deposited funds, click HERE or click on ‘Share Prices & Stock Markets‘ on the Hargreaves Lansdown website and use the search facility and type MANU and select Manchester United plc USD0.0005 A when it pops up as a suggestion
- Click on the green ‘DEAL NOW’ tab (remember you can only buy shares during weekdays when the markets are open)
- You will then be presented with a deal screen as shown in the example image below. For deal type, select ‘BUY’ and select either the number of shares you want to buy or select ‘Pounds sterling’ for the total amount you want to invest. Remember to tick the ‘Including charges’ box if you don’t want to spend more than £20 in total like in the example below. The transaction fee of £11.95 which is payable to the broker will be included, the rest will be used to purchase shares. Alternatively leave the ‘Including charges’ box unticked if you are happy to pay the fee on top of the amount of money you want to spend on actual shares. In this example, that would be £20.00 worth of shares plus £11.95 transaction fee i.e. £31.95 in total. This website receives nothing from you and isn’t aware of your purchase amount or any personal details including your payment details.
- Place your deal and wait for your instant confirmation to come through by email.
- You are now a shareholder!
- Keep an eye on your shares and hope your club is successful!