Instead of wasting your money at the weekend on booze or a cheeky take-away, why not put that towards buying some shares in Borussia Dortmund?
Scroll to the bottom of the page to do just that!
Borussia Dortmund is one of the most respected and well-known clubs in Europe. Instantly recognisable in their bright yellow shirts, you can find them playing their home games at the Westfalenstadion (or officially the Signal Iduna Park).
Over the years, the stadium has become a symbol of the stature of the club. Consistently boasting the highest average attendances in Europe, it is cemented in football culture as a place of pilgrimage for football fanatics across the world.
The jewel in the crown of the Westfalenstadion is undoubtedly the ‘Yellow Wall’. This is the largest free-standing grandstand in Europe. With a capacity of 25,000, it is one of the greatest sights in football, only comparable with The Kop of yesteryear at Anfield.
There has been no shortage of great teams, for the adoring crowd to see down the years as well. Borussia Dortmund is Germany’s second most successful club, behind rivals Bayern Munich and with the rivalry between the two being dubbed as ‘Der Klassiker’ it’s always sure to provide an incredible spectacle. The rivalry has even been spiced up in recent years, due to an increase in Dortmund stars signing for Bayern. Schalke 04 are Borussia Dortmund’s more local rivals. Both situated in the Revier area of the country, they face off at least twice a year in the Ruhr derby.
The first year of the new millennium saw Borussia Dortmund become the first and only German club to be publicly traded on the stock market.
Dortmund look to be in a very strong position going forward, with a mix of youth and experience, allowing them to compete with fellow big hitters, Bayern.
What makes Borussia Dortmund special isn’t just what happens on the pitch. It’s what happens off it too. It’s the support, the fan culture and the atmosphere that drive the club forwards. And they sing before every home game, if you are a part of this club then you’ll never walk alone.
Once you have opened a share dealing account with Hargreaves Lansdown you can buy shares in Borussia Dortmund with ease. You just need to follow the simple instructions below. And don’t forget, you can of course cash in and sell up at any time when the markets are open!
Remember, these are not novelty shares, you are buying real shares in a real football club! You can now tell your mates that you’re a shareholder in Borussia Dortmund! Congratulations!
STEP-BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Download the free guide to investing information (not necessary but it’s free and worth a look at!)
- Open a free share dealing account (this takes 5 minutes, you must be a UK resident and over 18)
- Having deposited funds, click HERE or click on ‘Share Prices & Stock Markets‘ on the Hargreaves Lansdown website and use the search facility and type BVB and select Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co KGaA NPV when it pops up as a suggestion
- Click on the green ‘DEAL NOW’ tab (remember you can only buy shares during weekdays when the markets are open)
- You will then be presented with a deal screen as shown in the example image below. For deal type, select ‘BUY’ and select either the number of shares you want to buy or select ‘Pounds sterling’ for the total amount you want to invest. Remember to tick the ‘Including charges’ box if you don’t want to spend more than £20 in total like in the example below. The transaction fee of £11.95 which is payable to the broker will be included, the rest will be used to purchase shares. Alternatively leave the ‘Including charges’ box unticked if you are happy to pay the fee on top of the amount of money you want to spend on actual shares. In this example, that would be £20.00 worth of shares plus £11.95 transaction fee i.e. £31.95 in total. This website receives nothing from you and isn’t aware of your purchase amount or any personal details including your payment details.
- Place your deal and wait for your instant confirmation to come through by email.
- You are now a shareholder!
- Keep an eye on your shares and hope your club is successful!